While many people think of visiting the mountains in the summertime, the winter is actually a wonderful time to visit Hendersonville and the surrounding area! Take advantage of all that the Blue Ridge Mountains have to offer without the crowds that the warmer months bring. Also take advantage of the off-season (Jan.-Feb.) deals and discounts that you will find throughout the area.
Here are a few ideas of how you can make the most of a winter trip to Hendersonville:
- Get outside! Some of the best scenery in the WNC mountains can be found in the winter when the leaves fall from the trees and allow for sweeping views. If weather permits, take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway where amazing vistas can be seen just a few steps away from your warm vehicle! There is something special and peaceful about a winter hike (especially to one of our beautiful waterfalls) visit so grab a jacket and your camera and go exploring!
- Stay warm with good spirits. Western NC is becoming the premier destination in the US for craft breweries, vineyards and cideries. Asheville now has the most breweries per capita of any city in the nation and our small town of Hendersonville ranks even higher with one brewery for every 2,800 people – and more on the way! We have 5 breweries in the downtown area (a sixth is on the way) and several more that are just a short drive away. We also have six local vineyards and two cideries in our backyard. Pick up a Cheers! Trail Brochure to help guide you.
- Have the Biltmore Estate to yourself! The Christmas decorations are gone after the first weekend of January but so are the crowds and higher ticket prices. With the discount code that we provide after booking you can find tickets for under $50! Keep your eye out for other great local deals and keep in mind that many properties will match deals that you may find on third-party sites.
- Enjoy your home away from home. Plan on spending a few days away and relax at our beautiful Inn! We have plenty of games, books, puzzles, and movies for you to enjoy – and plenty of space for you to spread out and relax safely! We have an on-site spa with several massage offerings so treat yourself to a day at the spa just steps from your room. Start off your evening with our social hour and enjoy a meat and cheese plate and adult beverages from our extensive beer and wine list. We look forward to hosting you!
- Other great winter attractions:
- Snow tubing at Moonshine Mountain- Just $30 for two hours of fun and just fifteen minutes from the inn.
- Timber Axe Throwing- Just over a mile from the inn and much safer than it sounds!
- The Riveter- Indoor climbing center and bike park
- Kingmaker’s Draft House- Board games and craft beers
- Pisgah Gem Mine- Sift for gems just a few blocks from the inn.