Have you tried one of our delicious quiches? They are a staple here at the Waverly Inn for breakfast. This is an easy dish to put together and is a crowd pleaser! The best part is you can be as creative as you would like and experiment with different fillings. One of our favorites is sausage and pimento cheese. Here is our recipe so you can make it at home for your family and friends!
Sausage and Pimento Cheese Quiche:
- 2-3 cups of ground cooked breakfast sausage – we use local sausage from M & M Meatlocker here in Hendersonville
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite pimento cheese – we make our own and it is available for purchase!
- a 9 inch pie crust – make your own or use one from the store
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan and form the crust into the pan.
- Put the cooked and crumbled sausage and pimento cheese (or any meats, cheeses, and veggies that you like) into the crust.
- Whisk eggs and heavy cream together until smooth. You can add salt, pepper, spices and herbs here if you like.
- Pour egg mixture over the filling in the crust and bake at 350° F for about an hour. If the crust is browning too quickly you can put a piece of aluminum foil over the quiche halfway through baking to prevent further browning.
- Let the quiche sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes to set before cutting and serving. Enjoy!